Effective Date: May 18, 2018
Thank you for visiting Relativist Space.
Relativist Space (“Relativist”, “we”, “us” or “our”, legal name - "Darja Malogina trading as Relativist Space") respects your privacy. When it comes to your personal information, we believe in transparency, not surprises. That’s why we’ve set out here what personal information we collect, what we do with it and your choices and rights.
Relativist Space website ('Site", "site") means a website with the address www.relativist.space and all its sub-domains.
1. Some key terms
3. Personal information we collect
With help of Squarespace services, we collect various personal information regarding you or your device. This includes the following:
- Information you provide to create an Account, specifically email address, first name and last name. If you sign up for Paid Services, we receive a portion of your payment information from our payment processor (such as the last four digits, the country of issuance and the expiration date of the payment card) and we ask you to select your jurisdiction.
- Your marketing preferences.
- The emails and other communications that you send us or otherwise contribute. Please be aware that information on public parts of our sites is available to others.
- Information you share with us in connection with surveys, contests or promotions.
- Information from your use of the Services or the site. This includes: IP addresses, preferences, web pages you visited prior to coming to our or our site preference settings, unique device IDs and language and other regional settings), information about how you interact with the Services and our site (such as timestamps, clicks, scrolling, browsing times, searches, transactions, referral pages, load times, and problems you may encounter, such as loading errors).
- Information we get from our partners to support our marketing initiatives, improve our Services and better monitor, manage and measure our ad campaigns, such as details about when our partner shows you one of our ads on or via its advertising platform.
- Other information you submit to us directly or through Third Party Services.
4. How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from various sources. We do this in three main ways:
- You provide some of it directly (such as by registering for an Account).
- We record some of it automatically when you use our Services or site (including with technologies like cookies).
- We receive some of it from third parties (like when you register for an account using a Third Party Service or when you make payments to us using our payment processor).
5. How we use your personal information
We use the personal information we obtain about you to:
- Provision of the Services. Create and manage your Account, provide and personalize our Services, process payments and respond to your inquiries.
- Communicating with you. Communicate with you, including by sending you emails about your transactions and Service-related announcements.
- Surveys and contests. Administer surveys, contests and other promotions.
- Promotion. Promote our Services and send you tailored marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Squarespace and our partners and measure the success of those campaigns. For example, we may send different marketing communications to you based on your subscription plan or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Advertising. Analyse your interactions with our Services and third parties’ online services so we can tailor our advertising to what we think will interest you. For example, we may decide not to advertise our Services to you on a social media site if you already signed up for Paid Services or we may choose to serve you a particular advertisement based on your subscription plan or what we think may interest you based on other information we hold about you.
- Customising the Services. Provide you with customised services. For example, we use your location information to determine your language preferences or display accurate date and time information.
- Security. Ensure the security and integrity of our Services.
- Third party relationships. Manage our vendor and partner relationships.
- Complying with law. Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
- Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
- Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries.
- Legal obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your personal information, such as to comply with applicable tax and other government regulations or to comply with a court order or binding law enforcement request.
- Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
- To operate the Relativist Space's business and provide you with tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
- To analyse and improve the safety and security of our Services - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in ensuring Relativist Space is secure, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections and protecting against fraud, spam and abuse.
- To provide and improve the Services, including any personalised services - we do this as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests of providing an innovative and tailored offering to our Users on a sustained basis.
- Protecting you and others. To protect your vital interests, or those of others.
- Others’ legitimate interests. Where necessary for the purposes of a third party’s legitimate interests, such as our partners who have a legitimate interest in delivering tailored advertising to you and monitoring and measuring its effectiveness or our Users who have a legitimate interest in having their sites function properly and securely and analysing the usage of their sites so they can understand trends and improve their services.
6. How we share your personal information
We share personal information in the following ways:
- Affiliates. We share personal information with our affiliates when it is reasonably necessary or desirable, such as to help provide services to you or analyse and improve the services we or they provide.
- Business partners. We may share personal information with business partners.
- Service providers. We share personal information with our service providers that perform services on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to help us provide customer support, manage our advertisements on other sites, send marketing and other communications on our behalf or assist with data storage.
- Process payments. We transmit your personal information via an encrypted connection to our payment processor.
- Following the law or protecting rights and interests.
- Advertising. We share personal information with third parties so they and we can provide you with tailored advertising and measure and monitor its effectiveness.
- Business transfers. If we're involved in a re-organisation, merger, acquisition or sale of some or all of our assets, your personal information may be transferred as part of that deal.
7. Your rights and choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete personal information.
You can access, update, change or delete personal information by sending us an email.
Please note that, for technical reasons, there is likely to be a delay in deleting your personal Information from our systems when you ask us to delete it. We also will retain personal Information in order to comply with the law, protect our and others’ rights, resolve disputes or enforce our legal terms or policies, to the extent permitted under applicable law.
You may have the right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information or to exercise a right to data portability under applicable law. You also may have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law. If you are subject to EU data protection laws, we suggest you lodge any such complaints with our lead supervisory authority:
Irish Data Protection Commissioner
Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland
Phone +353 57 868 4757
Fax: +353 57 868 4757
Additionally, if we rely on consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
8. How we protect your personal information
While no service is completely secure, we rely on Squarespace's security team dedicated to keeping personal information safe. They maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorised alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in their possession. They employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
Relativist Space also takes all the possible measures to protect the information we collect.
9. How we retain your personal information
The precise periods for which we keep your personal information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the personal information has been aggregated or pseudonymised, and other relevant criteria.
10. Data transfers
Personal information that you submit through the Services may be transferred to countries other than where you live, such as, for example, to our servers in the U.S. We also store personal information locally on the devices you use to access the Services.
Your personal information may be transferred to countries that do not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information.
We rely upon a number of means to transfer personal information which is subject to the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in accordance with Chapter V of the GDPR.
11. Privacy Shield
We rely on Squarespace, Inc who has certified its compliance to the Privacy Shield.
Squarespace is committed to treating personal information received from the European Economic Area and Switzerland pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks in accordance with the applicable Principles. You can find their certification here and you can learn more about the Frameworks and Principles by visiting https://www.privacyshield.gov/.
13. How to contact us